The Technical Service Manager’s primary function is to oversee technical delivery within the service department, and to ensure delivery of the very highest quality technical services for our customers.
The service desk team is comprised of L1 Service Desk technicians, Service Coordinators, Remote L2&L3 engineering teams, the services warehouse and field engineering teams. The Technical Services Manager will work across all Service Desk teams, alongside management peers, to support and maintain technical delivery skills within the department to meet current and future requirements and drive customer value.
The Technical Services Manager will be directly responsible for the following teams:
- L2 & L3 Engineering Teams
- The Service Warehouse
- Hybrid working environment
- 23 days holiday plus Bank holidays rising with length of service
- Health Cash plan with opportunity to include dependants
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Stakeholder’s pension scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- We provide you with support and access to a range of internal & external training courses including the opportunity to do an apprenticeship
- We recognise those important occasions in your life, such as work anniversaries, birthdays, stars of the month and becoming a parent
TEAM MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Promote an active and engaged communication strategy with regular team meetings, open communication, and support.
- Work closely with direct reports to identify ideas to improve our service offering to customers.
- Develop and maintain team and individual training plans ensuring consistent professional development across the team.
- Ensure clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Work closely with the HR team regarding any employee relations issues, recruitment, training and development.
- Drive an “open-door” culture and promote active communication throughout the business, echoing the company value of “in it together”.
- Ensure efficient resource utilisation and implement active monitoring to verify activity levels.
- Drive an inclusive culture of unification, respect, and general care for all members of the department and play an active role in business initiatives to that effect.
- Mentor direct reports to coach, develop and motivate the team.
- Minimum of 5 years’ technical experience working with UC/VC or AV technologies.
- Strong Knowledge of Audio Visual from a technical perspective along with strong experience with systems such as Crestron, AMX, Q-Sys Etc.
- Avixa CTS Certification Preferred.
- Excellent people skills.
- Established management and leadership skills.
- Understanding of ITIL methodology and Service Management.
- Excellent planning and organizational ability.
- Passionate customer service attitude and proven customer service skills.
- Experience in working in a pressured operational environment.
- Excellent understanding of service activity analytics and report writing.
- Professional in appearance and attitude.
- Fully IT literate with strong MS Office skills.
- Experienced in delivering support services to large corporate customers.
- Good working knowledge in all AV/UC disciplines.