Job descriptionOur client has an urgent need for a Payroll Manager for a 1 year contract.
Working with a friendly team within a lovely charitable business.
salary up to £32k PA.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Payroll and Timesheets
1. Work in partnership with managers and the customer teams, to ensure all the personal and payroll data is available for inputting or uploading into the system, for the monthly payroll.
2. Reviewing the input and ensuring the accuracy of approved monthly timesheets and overtime claims.
3. Provide advice and guidance to customer and stakeholder groups, in order to be able to implement all pay variations, starters, leavers, transfers, and promotions, in compliance with each customers' service level agreement.
4. Carry out testing on quarterly payroll system updates within the test system environment. Working closely with the HR Systems Team to ensure all payroll critical actions can be performed before updates are implemented.
5. Assist with the pay review process.
6. Undertake assigned month-end and year-end duties relating to payroll close.
7. Act as the first point of contact, responsible for identifying, gathering and implement a variety of payments and deductions, such as specific calculations for leave or other absences, ensuring they are made within the set policies and T&C's of each customer.
8. Review the calculation, implementation and update of all statutory payments including SMP, SSP, SPP, SAP, ShPP and PAYE, and that they are within current legislation thresholds.
9. Develop an effective working relationship with customers and staff on pay discrepancies, requiring manual calculations, urgent manual payments or overpayment recoveries, negotiating the best recovery approach for each case.
10. Provide advice and guidance on employee pay queries, general payroll queries and correspondence, ensuring they are all handled in accordance with Data Protection guidelines.
11. Responsible for the liaison between payroll, human resources, budget holders and other departments to ensure flow and maintenance of employee data is managed effectively and properly recorded.
Processing all changes to P46 (Car).
Identify and improvements to workflows, templates and communication tools to staff and other shared Service team, which bring clarity and efficiencies that benefit to the overall service delivery.
Manage the reviewing and updating of all process maps and templates for processes carried out by the Payroll Team as part of the shared service agreement. Manage the Payroll Team Lead, train and develop colleagues and work closely with HR on all people matters. Ensure organisational behaviours and values are upheld and promoted and ensure our legal obligations and the expectations set out in our policies are met.