Job descriptionWe are working with a modern, established, and growing practice who are looking to add a Paralegal to their Family Law team.
For this role, you will have experience working in an area of law in either an assistant or paralegal position.
- Undertake fee earning tasks to assist with the running of a caseload under the supervision and management of qualified lawyers and carry out simple, routine tasks.
- Provide administrative support to fee earners including file-opening, telephone management, document production (incl. audio-typing, managing voice recognition procedures, and outsourcing providers), filing/ archiving, photocopying, email management, online portal management, and dealing with post
- Liaise with clients and support services to obtain client’s legal aid documentation and make the necessary applications to the Legal Aid Agency
- Draft documents and bills, under supervision, using appropriate precedents and templates to accurately reflect fee earner instructions
- Draft legal documents using appropriate precedents and templates which address all relevant legal and factual issues and accurately reflect the client’s instructions
- Undertake basic legal processes, under supervision, such as assisting to process cases through portals, obtaining relevant documentation, arranging case meetings, arranging funding, liaising with the court, completing relevant forms and processing monies.
- Correspond with clients as required through telephone, email, letter and face to face
- Undertake effective legal research, using appropriate methods and sourcing, presenting the results accurately and clearly
- Highlight and escalate any issues to qualified lawyers
- Providing excellent client service at all times and adhere to the firms Client Experience (CX) principles
- Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to confidentiality, security data protection and file retention and destruction requirements
- Ensure adherence to all affiliations and standards connected to the department (Legal Aid, Land Registry etc.)
- Check to ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in particular concerning file opening processes and anti-money laundering. Audit files with the department to ensure files comply with risk management policies and procedures
- Deal with new enquiries for the department
- All administrative duties associated with this role
Previous experience within a legal support or administrative role - Essential
Excellent organisation capability with the ability to effectively priorities - Essential
Solid understanding of Microsoft Office suite and other relevant IT platforms - Essential
Strong written communication skills - Essential
Demonstrate a good understanding of client relationship management - Essential
Ability to undertake basic legal work under supervision and use initiative where required - EssentialBenefits
Excellent benefits package
£23-£25k PA DOE