Our client is the collaboration partner of choice for businesses worldwide and are focused on helping people to connect to what matters most – whether it’s their colleagues, customers or family. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Data Manager to join the Marketing Planning & Performance team.
As Marketing Data Manager, you will help to create and drive a company-wide marketing data strategy to enhance marketing segmentation, targeted communications and improved marketing performance. You will have a hands-on coordination role with Data Providers, Data Developers, Analysts and Business Users of the data. You will strive to become an expert on implementing best practises for onboarding data and making it business-ready for a variety of different types of uses of data. You will be responsible for ensuring we get maximum return on investment from our data providers.
This newly formed role will be responsible for defining the most appropriate data tech stack for our Marketing data, together with building the business case for any investment needed. The successful candidate will help to drive transformational change in ways of working with data to support a broad range of Marketing teams with different data challenges.
In this role you will be both a strategic lead, ensuring data frameworks and practices support the business goals, whilst also providing a service to the wider marketing org. Creating clean, well-managed and compliant data ready for global campaign use through to regional tactical executions.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to apply strategic thinking, analytical skills and technical know-how to their everyday activities. They will have great interpersonal skills and feel comfortable working with technical teams as well as presenting to senior leadership. Most of all they will have a vision for the future and be able to formulate practical steps to get there.
- Play a leading role in establishing a transformational Marketing Data Strategy for company that supports the business goals, integrates data sources and enhances data impact
- Develop & implement processes, governance and technology to enable ongoing data accuracy & enrichment
- Develop & own the marketing data tech stack to ensure data is well managed and integrated with other key enterprise systems like CRM/MAP/PRM
- Act as the key liaison with Legal & Privacy to ensure all data complies with relevant legislation.
- Work alongside the integrated marketing team to develop data segmentation models to improve overall effectiveness of marketing targeting and communications
- Work with the wider marketing organisation to ensure consistency of data capture and integration across all marketing platforms e.g., Marketo
- Own 3rd party provider relationships for data acquisition, enrichment and other data appending and quality requirements
- Work with IT Stakeholders & sales ops teams to leverage data improvements made and get marketing requirements on the roadmap
- Stay up to date on new technologies and best practices in the marketing data technology space – scope new technology where required
What you'll bring to the team
- Ideal candidate to have a Sales or Marketing operations background
- Data strategy creation and maintenance experience
- A strong understanding of data warehousing, CDPs and other data platforms
- Previous working knowledge of SFDC, SQL, Marketo
- Experience of working with 3rd parties to clean and enrich data
- Negotiation skills and collaborative working style
- Ability to articulate technical issues/solutions/processes to a non-technical audience
- Familiarity with Snowflake, Azure Data Warehouse or other modern data warehouse platforms desired
- Ability to look across solutions and identify areas for process improvements and standardization
- Customer-service oriented, personable, and positive attitude
Salary around £50k base + good benefits package