With demand in the home improvement sector showing no sign of slowing down, we are looking for a friendly, professional, and proactive Customer Service Manager to join a growing and thriving business with a reputation for quality and service.
Working from the office in Stonehouse, the Customer Service Manager will manage, energise, and motivate a small team of Customer Service Coordinators by being hands-on and leading by example.
Together with your team, you will own the customer journey and experience provided (from initial enquiry through to installation and warranty claims) through a variety of service channels, including inbound and outbound telephony, email, SMS, live chat, and showroom interactions.
- Administrative activities throughout the course of the customer journey, including enquiry handling, appointment scheduling, data entry, record keeping, and document checking.
- Proactive contact with customers, colleagues, and suppliers at each stage of the customer journey.
- Effective process management and monitoring to ensure no prospect or customer accidentally “slips through the net”.
- Managing and motivating the Customer Service Team – maintaining and improving performance through regular and effective feedback, coaching, meetings, and performance reviews.
- Accountable for ensuring defined KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate industry-leading levels of customer experience and operational efficiency are met – taking a proactive approach in foreseeing and mitigating potential challenges.
- Supporting the leadership team with business change and growth initiatives through proactive engagement in change delivery.
- Passionate about the customers, the people, the products, and the service we provide.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with proven ability to influence people and diffuse difficult situations.
- Effective organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise, delegate, and multitask, being flexible to meet customer and business needs.
- Unflappable problem solver, with the ability to make quick and effective decisions when necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy across the board.
- Excellent computer literacy, with demonstrable ability to pick up new systems and applications with ease.
- Proven experience leading a small-medium sized team within a fast-paced, target-driven environment.
- No industry-specific experience necessary as full training will be provided, but an enthusiastic and methodical approach to learning and working is a must.
8:00am – 17:00pm Monday to Friday with 60 minutes for lunch.
10:00am – 14:00pm in the showroom on Saturdays on a rota basis (paid as overtime or TOIL).
£28,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience.