We are working with a modern, award-winning legal business who are keen to recruit 2 conveyancing assistants to fulfil their growth plans in Swindon!
The ideal candidates will be able to provide efficient and effective administrative support to the conveyancing team in which you work, enabling the team to function effectively and achieve its objectives.
Personalised Client Service
• Manage an administrative workload under the guidance of fee earners
• Provide administrative support to fee earners including file-opening, telephone management, document production (incl. audio-typing, managing voice recognition procedures and outsourcing providers), filing/ archiving, photocopying, email management, online portal management and dealing with post
• Draft documents and bills, under supervision, using appropriate precedents and templates to accurately reflect fee earner instructions
• Undertake basic legal processes, under supervision, such as assisting to process cases through portals, obtaining relevant documentation, arranging case meetings, arranging funding, liaising with the court, completing relevant forms and processing monies.
• Manage the post-completion process.
• Correspond with clients as required through telephone, email, letter and face to face
• Providing excellent client service at all times and adhere to the firms Client Experience (CX) principles
• Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to confidentiality, security data protection and file retention and destruction requirements
• Ensure adherence to all affiliations and standards connected to the department (Legal Aid, Land Registry etc.)
• Check to ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in particular concerning file opening processes and anti-money laundering. Audit files with the department to ensure files comply with risk management policies and procedures
• Deal with new enquiries for the department
Knowledge & Skills
Previous experience within a Legal Assistant or Administrative role is desirable not essential
Excellent organisation capability with the ability to effectively prioritise
Solid understanding of Microsoft Office suite and other relevant IT platforms
Strong written communication skills
Demonstrate a good understanding of client relationship management
This position is paying £22-23k PA